Saturday, July 3, 2010

Oil Spill reaches Long Beach and Pass Christian, MS

Well, I knew it would happen - but somehow held some hope that the oil would never reach our beaches.

I chose to move back to the Mississippi Gulf Coast because I grew up here. I love the beach and the pelicans. I love the calm surf and the serenity of the drive along highway 90. And now, I'm not sure what will become of our beaches.

Hurricane Katrina devastated the area five years ago. Things are still not the same. But the Coast was bouncing back, little by little. Surely we do not need another setback. Surely we could be spared another catastrophe - this time it wasn't mother nature, but humans to blame.

Oil has landed on the beach along South Mississippi. Our birds and sealife are in grave danger.

As I drove along the beach on Thursday I saw clean-up crews in Long Beach. I stopped to take some photos. On my way home, I stopped in Pass Christian and photographed the oil there.

Keep the Gulf Coast in your thoughts. Do what you can to help. Visit the lovely area and show your support!!









The following were taken in Pass Christian, MS near Menge Ave.






Mississippi Gulf Coast Photographer Pass Christian Photographer

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Such a sad situation :(