Monday, April 18, 2011

The Decker Family - Pass Christian Mississippi Portrait Photography

I've postponed many portrait sessions because of rain here on the Mississippi Gulf Coast - but this evening, we weren't really worried about the rain. It was the wind messing with our plans.

I was looking forward to meeting the Decker's at the beach for some lovely family portraits by the water. But mother nature had another idea in store. As I turned on Hwy 90 heading to our agreed upon location, I saw the wind whipping through the air. The sand from the beach was blowing onto the highway, and I knew we were going to struggle to get good beach portraits.

I have never seen a plow here on the Mississippi Gulf Coast (I mean it doesn't snow here). But this day, there were PLOWS plowing the sand of the roadway.

When the Decker family arrived we got out of the car to discuss alternate plans. As we were talking I felt the gritty sand between my teeth. Sand in your hair, mouth and eyes is not quite ideal for family portraits.

Luckily the Dexter's are flexible people. We moved the session inland for now, and will try the beach another day. When it's oh, not so windy! I hope you enjoy these non-beach photos!!








No comments: