Friday, August 27, 2010

Wedding on the Wharf - Jackie and Dan's Boston Wedding

Three years ago, on August 11, 2007 I shot Christy and Adam's wedding in Peabody, MA. I will never forget that day. Of course, the bride and groom themselves are unforgettable - but aside from that, I will hold that day near and dear to my heart because it's the day I realized I was pregnant with Tilley.

A beautiful wedding at the Smith Barn, packed full of Red Sox fans. I was enjoying the wedding, as it was a lovely afternoon with amazing people - although I was feeling a little under the weather. Light headed, fluttery stomach. About halfway through the reception in dawned on me, that -ah, could it be?!!! And it was. I went home and promptly took the test. And the rest is history, red-head, sippie cups and all.

Imagine my excitement when Christy called me years later to tell me her sister Jackie was engaged and that they would like me to photograph their wedding. Score! I knew the Brodie family and knew what wonderful people they were. And I jump at any chance to shoot in Boston!
Now imagine my continued excitement when I found out the reception would be help at the New England Aquarium! So much fun.

Jackie and Dan were married at Our Lady of Victories church in Boston's Back Bay. After the beautiful ceremony we drove to Christopher Columbus Park right on Boston's Long Wharf for all the family photos. It was packed with people - as it usually is on a day this nice - but we managed to keep most of the tourists out of their photos :)

Now, the real treat of the day for the bride and groom - a close family friend of the couple's, Bud owns a beautiful sailboat in the Boston Waterfront Marina near Long Wharf - and offered to sail the couple from the harbor over to the aquarium, so they could arrive in style!!!

My wedding posts aren't usually nearly as long as this, so thanks for staying with me so far! But the night was magical - the view from the Aquarium patio was just breathtaking. The weather - perfect. The people - more perfect! I stayed longer than contracted because, well - I was having way to much fun to leave!! Thanks Jackie and Dan for inlcuding me in your special day!
























Christy and Adam - the former couple of mine! And parents to adorable Mia who would *SO* be playmates with Tilley if we were closer!



9 comments:

Rachel Buckley said...

gorgeous!

Unknown said...

I was fortunate enough to addend the wedding, you captured it beautifully. It was just as amazing and fun-filled as the pictures depict!

Monie said...

The mother of the groom loved every minute of the day that you have so beautifully depicted! Thank you!

Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous wedding! You captured it perfectly. I love the color!! Great work, Lisa!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous gorgeous shots Lisa!!! You are a fantastic photographer!!

Emma B said...

Such amazing work Lisa!!! Love these pictures - you truly captured the love and beauty in this wedding.

Angela said...

Stunning photos! The colors are so beautiful!!!

Unknown said...

That church was stunning! Then I was even more in awe when I saw more & more of the pics!

Laurie said...

LOVE your work on this! Ok, I love your work in general too!