Sunday, January 16, 2011

Rebecca's Bridal Portraits - Gautier, Mississippi Gulf Coast

Rebecca's bridal session was just days before her wedding. It was a session I was a little worried about to be honest with you. Bold Rebecca had secured an awesome outdoor location for her bridal session. I say bold, because she saw a gorgeous home in Ocean Springs with grounds set in a storybook. She basically knocked on the door and asked the owners if she could get her bridal portraits taken there and they sweetly agreed.

Now to the part that I was worried about.... the day before AND the day of the session it poured. The ground was soaking wet, quite soft and muddy, and still there were more showers to come. Not a great idea to soil her Lazaro wedding gown just days before her wedding! Although there was no time to re-schedule. We were going to have to scratch our outdoor session and find an indoor location fit for her bridals.

Awesome wedding planner Susie Davis from A Plan to Remember called awesome Dave from The Old Place (also known as La Maison) in Gautier, MS who happily agreed to let us use their venue. It was perfect... I had an amazing, beautiful bride named Rebecca (my camera LOVED her). We used the covered porch and still got that outdoor look. It turned out to be one of my favorite bridal sessions of all time. The worst part about it was having to wait until AFTER the wedding to post the images. It was just killing me :)

Tilley Photography also was the photographer for her wedding at Magnolia Manor in Mobile, AL. Stay tuned for the AMAZING wedding photos soon!

Blog readers, meet Rebecca. Rebecca, meet my blog readers. I know you all will love her. I know I DO!!!! And check out those AMAZING peacock feathers in her hairpiece.











9 comments:

Rachel Buckley said...

yummy! give me more :)

Ashley said...

Gorgeous Lisa!! Love them!

Anonymous said...

I am gettin married next year and would love for you to use your services. I too would also love to attend the Priemer bridal show

Lisa Tilley-Newman said...

To the last poster, email me so I know who to enter into the contest :)

Anonymous said...

I would love to be entered into the bridal show drawing!!! My email is hayley.hodges 82@gmail.com, I look forward to hearing from you, and your pictures are gorgeous!!

Jessica said...

Hi Lisa,
My email is cheerldnbeauty@live.com. My mother-in-law is coming in from Ohio next week and would love to bring her along to the bridal show at the Coliseum. My husband and my mom are probably going to go as well. Yes I am already LEGALLY married but have not had a real wedding yet. We are still in the planning and saving process. I missed last year's but saw pics on your site and am truly looking forward to attending this year. You are very talented and I have enjoyed looking at your photo albums online and facebook. I hope to meet you in person and when I have a real wedding be able to use your service and also eventually have a Boudouir session done. Thank you for the opportunity to be in this contest.

Anonymous said...

hi. it's carrie Mc Allister aka carrie turner. the pictures are wonderful! we will be looking for portraits to be done soon as well, and i'll be calling for a consultation soon! and hope we win the free tickets! :)
luckystars6908@aol.com
carrie

Laura Gibson said...

Lisa, these photos are absolutely gorgeous! I would love for you to be the photographer in my wedding, June 2012!

Lisa Tilley-Newman said...

Jessica! I hope to see you at the bridal show. Please stop by my booth and say hello!

Well hello there Carrie! It's great to hear from you! If you do get to the show, stop by and say hi as well :)

And Laura, thank you for your kind words. Please email me, I'd love to chat with you about the wedding! Congratulations on your engagement!!!

Finally, Congrats to Hayley for winning the two free tickets to the bridal show!!